Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My dream compact baby

If you’re serious about photography, you should have heard about Leica, the top brand among cameras and lenses manufacturers. In photography, the artistic aspects of a picture are depend on the artist license of the photographer, while the fine details of the picture are solely on the quality of the camera lens.

My interest in photography started when I’m doing my undergraduate, long before imaging had evolved from film into the digital age. With films as the storage medium, photo taking is costly at my time. I really think twice before I fully press the shutter button, simply because - every snap cost!

Today, things are made easy with digital imaging, but I no longer taking photographs like those days. My Nokia FM10 and the Vivitar 210 mm lens were obsolete. I’ve told myself that if I am to start photography again, I’ll go for a really good quality lens. I have eager for making photo with rich details and that I know the solution is Leica. However, high quality products didn’t come cheap, all Leica cameras and lenses I’ve heard about are above 10k. For student (at that time) or a low-paid chap like me, such prices are way too expensive. So, photography had long been put aside in my mind.

Recently, I’ve been considering whether to get a camera or camcorder as they both can shoot videos and stills. My decision goes for the camcorder as videos offer more vivid memories than stills. I’ve even decided to go for Sony brand as my main interest is in the video quality and editability of the video format. But after I heard about the newly launched Leica compact camera - Leica V-Lux1, selling at only 3.5k, I changed my mind. Leica has long been my dream camera that I’ve never thought of I’ll be able to own one, so the moment I see this compact baby, I know I got to have it.

Here are some of the photos taken with my V-Lux1:

http://sircheng.blogs.friendster.com/photos/tta_tournament/index.html

No comments: