Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The choise I'll make...

It has been quite some time since I owned my first digital camera. I’ve seen improvement in my photography skill. In fact, some of my works have received compliments from my friends. All this really make me feel good. But, in life, the Sun is not always shines on our side… the moment I started to feel like flying high on the sky, the clouds turn dark and lightning strikes…

Recently I’ve submitted ten photos for review in one of the stock-photography-selling website… making sweet dream of selling photos for side income. But so disappointing that out of ten that I’ve sent, all were rejected! The reasons are mostly about picture quality which in their technical terms: “Noise--Noise, film grain, over-sharpening, or artifacts at full size.”

It’s really embarrassing to tell others that you are having problem with image quality when you are using a Leica camera, a brand that doesn’t need advertising… because it’s very obvious that the problem must be from the person behind the camera – me in this case : (

So this leave me two choices; to run away from the critics, leaving the professional community and be a champion of my own little world among laymen who didn’t ask much about photo quality, or to take the challenge boosting my works to another level until I meet the professional requirements.

I’ve always teaching others that in study, making mistakes is never a problem, the point is to learn from it so that you do it right the next time. So I guess now is the time for me to show it with my action…

Give me some times and I’ll show you my works!

One of the quotes that I like very much:

“When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.” Anonymous

No comments: