Thursday, September 11, 2008

On the way back - Photography Expedition Finale

On the way back from Oirase, I first boarded on a limited express train with unreserved sit. Eventually, it was fulled, so I've to be standing for a 2 hours journey from Aomori to Hakodate.
If you want to know how was it felt to have to stand for that long, I think it's kind of fun if you are doing it only once in a year, and have a camera with you to play with.
However, for people who does it often, maybe you'll just do what she did...


During my stay at Oirase youth hostel, I met two backpackers. One is a Japanese who has stayed at Malaysia for two years. So I felt very happy as we can chat almost everything. There are no communication problem as he speak fluent English. He told me that he love Malaysian foods, and I asked "Really? for example?"
When you receive question like this from someone, chances are he is very surprise and is interested to know more, or he don't believe you so he wants to see how you can prove it.
Anyway, I am very glad to know that he love nasi lemak too.
We've also talked about the purpose of our trip. He is kind of setting himself off from his university life, trying to open his mind by traveling around different places in Japan, in search of answer as to what he should do about his life... wow, honestly, did you ever did that?
He is now taking fundamental courses, will choose his major soon, but is doubting that if he should go for what he is more interested in or what is generally believe to promise a brighter future.

I then shared with him what I believe to be the answer about the way to live a happy life. I got it from my University professor (an American) who teach the subject Education Technology when doing my Diploma of Education. Only three simple lines though:

LIFE IS SHORT
DO WHAT YOU LOVE
and LOVE WHAT YOU DO

I reminded him that being a Japanese, who is going to spend a very long hours of his life in work, make sure he really love what he is doing, or else he is bound to suffer in this life time!
No kidding, how would you enjoy your life when you didn't love what you're doing?

I also met a Spanish who speak English with a little British accent. He seems trying to travel the whole Japan with the help of a travel guidebook publishes by Lonely Planet. I'm almost convinced to get one of this book too (almost!). See, the book never leave his hand:
A friend told me that (to her) a good photo is the one that tells a story. I agree with her. So when taking picture (I mean making), I have this in mind "A good picture speaks."
From Hakodate to Sapporo, I've got a reserved sit. So it's time to enjoy a vanilla ice scream, a cheese cake, while listening to songs from Ghibli Studio. The colour of the trees outside seems telling me that autumn is coming... it will be the very 1st autumn of my life...

No comments: