Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What could be the most stupid thing you have ever done lately?

What could be the most stupid thing you have ever done lately?

Ever since I came to Hokkaido, I have a habit of checking weather
forecast at Yahoo website before going out the next day. Maybe it's
because the forecast quite accurate, thus worth reading, or maybe I
feel vulnerable to the weather here, so it's good to find out before
hand in order to know what to prepare. As such, it is a good idea to
bookmark it (or add to favorite if internet explorer is used instead).

Then, a stupid thing happened...
It is lavender season now, so I plan a trip to Furano (City famous
with lavender) hopping to photography some great landscape pictures.
The secret to great landscape picture is the lighting. Knowing this,
of cause I've checked the weather conditions before going.
After I arrived at Furano, it was raining! This made me wondering why
it wasn't what the Yahoo forecast says. Then I realized what I read
was the forecast of Sapporo weather (that I've bookmarked in my
Mozilla Firefox), not the Furano weather.

Could a person so stupid to the extend that when planing a visit to
Furano, he check out the weather conditions of Sapporo?!!
I hate to admit, but the answer is "Yes", indeed.

As a result, it became a sightseeing trip instead of photographying
trip. But that didn't upset me too much as I didn't expect to
successfully photography any great picture in my first attempt.
Re-visiting the same spot number of times until a satisfactory
photography was made is common in landscape photography. So, fine,
I'll be back!!!

Beside learning that I could be that stupid, I also found that I must
get a car license here or otherwise I'll miss so many things, e.g.
while in the bus, I saw a very beautiful horse at a field against a
misty background (as it's about to rain), also a golden barley field,
etc,
How much I wish I were driving a car, then I can just pull over...
So, okey, I'll get a license!!!

1 comment:

whoamfe said...

The most stupid thing I have ever done recently is to let someone without a proper license to drive. HA! That's not stupid but I FELT stupid.

Thank you for the pictures!!! You are the best! I will show you the album when it's done :D