Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer Firework at Japan

Despite the hot weather, Summer is a very lively and enjoyable season with many events and celebrations taking place. The term 'enjoyable' is especially true when you are staying at Hokkaido, with the highest temperature only about 27 degree, while the other parts of Jpn reaches 37 or so :) (yes, I am at Hokkaido)

One of the event is firework display on 25 July, all over Japan; At Sapporo, it takes place at Nakashima Part, from about 7.40 pm to 8.40 pm - one hour long!
As a result, I shoot until my memory card out of space - 4GB fulled!

















The first photo above is directly out from my camera without post-processing or 'photoshopping'.

The method of shooting firework is (it's going to get a little technical here! skip this paragraph if this is none of your concern) to set the camera to manual focus mode, prefocus it at the place where firework is going to take place (of cause you have to ask someone in order to know where, and for me, I went to a policeman who is taking care of the firework location and asked "hanabi dokode shimasu ka?" amazingly he understand me and pointed me the location and suggested to me where should I setup my gear for best shooting angle. Our conversation ended with me saying "arigatogozaimashita"). Set the shutter speed to bulb, then fully press the shutter release to start exposure at the start of each firework and stop exposure when you think the firework is fully 'bloom'.

After shooting a few shots like this, I know it doesn't make sense if I am to collect and share to others over a hundred of photos of a single firework like this.
First, it take out too much of memory space. Second, people don't have the patient to go through so many photos, and finally, a photo of single firework is not lively enough to be an attrative picture.
So I decided to superimpose and recompose them in a single frame via photoshop. The result is as following:


















The following like strawberry isn't it?

















The following like pineapple to me, agree? From the way they designed their firework, it seems to me Japanese really like fruits a lot.




















































































After I revealed my idea of recomposing my fireworks into a single frame in order create a more attractive picture, a friend protested "but then it's not a real one isn't it!" as if she never wear makeup...
I don't care, that is how I like my picture looks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its ok if the appearance of your blog is not good. The important thing is the topic or the content of your blog.