Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Urakawa, Hokkaido

About three hours by car from Sapporo to the south is a town called Urakawa (浦河) . It's a place where most horse farms located. Thus, a birth place of Hokkaido horses.If you would already notice, what the horses do most is eating, eating, and eating...

What follow are pony, the smaller horse bleeds.
I had long mistaken it as mule (hybrid of donkey and horse).
The horses and ponies are very friendly, they love human a lot...
As soon as I get close enough to the fence (or sometime walk into the fence), they came to me yearning for contact.
See, you can actually touch the horse if you like...

2 comments:

carlos said...

Thanks for posting such nice pictures. I love horses, and would like to have the same opportunity. I will try to pursue this dream in the future.
-All the best

trishalavittae said...

Nice set of photos!!