Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hokkaido University campus in spring 2009

Among Japan universities, Hokkaido University is rated the 1st place for the theme 'beautiful campus'.
Thus as a photo enthusiast, having the chance to spend my phd life here is like a child who has his dream of staying in a house made of chocolate come true!

In spring season, the campus of Hokkaido University becomes very colourful... you can see variety of wild flowers blooming here and there.
All the following pictures are shoot in the campus.
If you have small pet, I guess this is the angle they see the world...

These yellow flowers seem to be the main character of spring 2009... it's just everywhere!
To my surprise, this maple leaves photo seems to be more beautiful than the maple leaves photo I took in autumn last year...

3 comments:

trishalavittae said...

awesome pics! I love all those little flowers! The colors look rich!

whoamfe said...

YOu really take great pictures!!! What kind of lens do you use to take flowers so closely??? is it expensive?

Cheng See Yuan said...

Not so expensive...
It's a Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro - a must buy if you like taking closeup pic.

Also, my tripod have a center column that can go horizontal, allow me to take bird view shots...