Thursday, August 5, 2010

2010 Spring Flora

This year I have entered into a very busy phase of my PhD life.
I've resolved to cover as many spring flowers shot I can since last year, but didn't aspect that my schedule was so tight over the last spring that I couldn't cope up with the fast changing season here in Hokkaido. Some flower species blooms for only 2 weeks or so, really left me no chance to photography especially when I have to rush for my research tasks.
Even to post them in blogspot took me some months after having photographed some of it (2% ??)...

Anyway, here is how it began for the last spring... after a long snow white winter, below 1st three shot was the first species that I saw while on my way to US Consulate of Sapporo.


This was tulip near Yurigahara garden, I wish to shoot more, but what I have during my visit to that garden is all that I have on tulip.

This perhaps a dandelion?
I wish to photography dandelion since I missed it last year, and yet I still couldn't have any chances to shoot it during the last spring... so, perhaps next year...

I love bamboo very much, but we couldn't have it here in Hokkaido due to cold weather.
This was something closest (in term of colour and the shape)...
Perhaps I could enjoy photographing the real bamboo when visit Kyoto, a trip I really looking forward :)

No comments: