Thursday, May 7, 2009

Snowscape of Hokkaido University (2008/2009)

Winter 2008-2009 is my very 1st winter experience...
Except for snowboarding that I'd traveled to the nearby snow mountain, I didn't go any where in particular due to the cold weather.
However, I did walked around the campus for shooting, not more than 5 times though for the 5-month-long winter of Hokkaido.

This is School of Engineering, the place where I spent 10 to 12 hrs a day.

This is a museum of Hokkaido University, you'll see skeleton of dinosaur inside, no kidding! This is the shot that I love most. It looks like as if it's a 3-D rendering model - so clean and sharp...



Underneath the giant snow man's head is kanji (Chinese character) means 'PASSED'. It must have something to do with exams :) A large agriculture field covered with snow, the place where I did my sunflower shooting.

A many bikes covered with snow, the owners now walking?
If there is no pollution on earth, these ice cons are eatable. It isn't Japan if without costume.
These are kindergarten kids playing in the campus - they sit on the cardboard and sliding down the slope. I guess the most happy one are kids in winter :)
Though I wished to take more shot, but so regretfully that this is the only one I made before their teacher said to me "yametemoraimasenka!"
In case you don't understand the whole sentence, jsut see the beginning: 'ya me te...'
Sounds familiar now? Yes, it's what you see the actress is saying "yamete yamete" in Japanese film ;)

Finally, this is a paiter making snowscape with his brushes...

While I made mine with digital imaging :)

2 comments:

whoamfe said...

I love the 5th picture! beautiful!!!

¥倶楽部 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.