Thursday, February 19, 2009

Snow Festival 2009

In winter, 5 to 11 Feb 2009, there is a yearly event at the city center of Sapporo, Hokkaido, called Snow Festival (Yuki Matsuri in Japanese).

Many ice sculptures are created for display, and many booths selling foods and drinks (mainly local special foods of Hokkaido).
There are also some concerts and games...

After taking some photos, I decided to settle my dinner there...
To begin with, well, isn't Hokkaido famous with its crab? So here my 700 yen crab meat baked in a crab shell. Emmmm... yammiiii....
Then, a stick of scallops (3 big one, each of the size of a mouthful) selling at incredibly 200 yen!!!
Finally, the very famous local food of Hokkaido, potato butter, at 350 yen each.
(Well, my dear Malaysian friends, please don't try to convert the price into RM, or the equivalent RM 11.70 certainly sounds too costly for a potato, isn't it?
Should think of it as if a Japanese, who is with the income like Malaysian, is spending RM3.50; Due to their relatively higher earning)

2 comments:

whoamfe said...

Now I know whose picture I voted for on e-vision lol

whoamfe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.