Friday, November 21, 2008

The very 1st snow experiences

On 4 November, morning, the 1st snow fall in the city of Sapporo. They called it 'The 1st snow', it is the snow that warns you about the entering into winter. After the 1st snow, it will stop for 2 to 3 weeks before the 'real' winter starts, and then, you will have very frequent snowing throughout the next 5 months (in the case of Hokkaido, or maybe only 4 months, lets see). The following photo shows how it's like from the view of my apartment.
It was the very 1st time in my life that I see snow falling...

I was expecting to see how it's like the snow that falling from the sky... but honestly, I didn't felt like enjoying that very 1st experience. Instead, I was worried, I have a morning class to catch, but worried that the snow acts like rain, will get me wet.
Ya this sounds embarrassing, but, well...

In the night of 19 November, when I am on my way cycling to cinema, snow started falling again, quite heavy indeed...
This time, the falling snow looks so gracefull in the beam of the street lights. People starts to walk with faster pace, some puts on their head cover, and some looks for shelter...
The sky was dark, but the street of the city was bright with many light and neon, and reflection of the falling snow... This is when I enjoy snow for the 1st time.

When I came out from the cinema after an approximately 2 hours' show (how long exactly is the Red Cliff part1?), the whole city was already been covered by snow... about 2 inches thick I guess. Cycling became harder... but quite a fun experience :)

After I was back to my apartment, a crazy idea came across my mind - why not try to make a snowman? Then here you go, the 1st snowman that I made, as shown...

Because there were very short supply of snow at the balcony of my apartment, I can only made a very small scale one...

Well, the snowman is doing what snowman does - stay out of the house, and still smiling :)

1 comment:

trishalavittae said...

Make a pair so that he wont be that lonely... :)