Monday, October 20, 2008

Miniature world of Otaru-music-box shop

Otaru, one of the very romantic tourist centre in Hokkaido, is well known for its artistic glass works, music boxes, and seafood. I have the opportunity to visit this town via Autumn Trip 2008, organised by HUISA (Hokkaido University International Students Association) the last Sunday.
My intention of joining the trip is mearly to photography autumn scenary, but to my supprise, I ended out shooting the most the miniatures in this music box shop...


Here we go for series of shots I did in the shop (bear in mind that most of them are just about the size of a thumb)...






















Technical considerations:

f/2.8 (As I don't have tripod with me, this large opening is in order for me to use higher shutter speed in the indoor, dim light; Again, my investment in the canon EOS 16-35mm f/2.8 L USM II paid)

1/60 sec (so that I can shoot hand-held in closeup)

ISO1600 (noises reduced at 4 in postprocessing using Canon's Digital Photo Professional 3.4)

p/s: BTW, how about my autumn scenery! well, will create a post especially dedicated to it :) After all, it's the 1st autumn that I experience, so don't want it to be messed up with something else.

No comments: